About Me

MAKEUP BY SHERRY BLOSSOM
Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting! I'm a budding freelance makeup artist and makeup/beauty blogger! I reside in New York where I was born and raised. I love this place! I'm young, vibrant and creative! Please I encourage you to follow my blog, leave comments, ask questions or even browse. I look forward to hearing from you!
View my complete profile

Friday, January 21, 2011

BLOSSOMING FACE OF THE DAY: BOLD & BLUE


Hey Blossoms,


There is NO secret that I love vibrant and bold colors so when I wore this makeup look below I felt right at home! Unbeknownst to me at the time, I was wearing a color that many people feel someone of my skin tone can not "pull off".

While on Twitter, the next day, I ran across a tweet by @MakeupbyCandie, a YouTube Makeup Guru, and she had tweeted that someone had mentioned: women of color can not wear blue eyeshadow! WHAT?!! I was not surprised,sadly,that someone would make such a comment but I was shocked that this person, whoever they are, had yet to see a woman of color or deeper skin tone wear blue eyeshadow in a way flattering to her. With as many youtube beauty channels and makeup blogs run by women of color, where had this person been...under a ROCK?!
MakeupbyCandie made a tutorial showing exactly how a woman of color CAN wear blue eyeshadow completely shattering that myth and I was more eager than ever to get my post up! Further shattering that myth!


Here's a photo of MakeupbyCandie's blue eyeshadow look. Check out her blog and YT tutorial for this look HERE!










In makeup there are no rules and regulations with what colors one CAN & CAN NOT wear! The only thing one needs to be conscious of are shades. There are countless shades of blue and every other color you can think of, some warmer and some cooler...I'll explain that difference in another post. The idea is to find a SHADE of blue that best compliments your skin tone!



So here's a list of products I used to achieve this look that I've titled BOLD & BLUE

FACE
Sorry blossoms I don't remember which primer I used but I did use Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation in Dark #3 & Dark #2. I am NOT fond of this foundation and will have a true review (blog or YT vid) up soon as to why. Please feel free to substitute with whichever you use.

EYES
Inglot shimmer electric blue e/s all over lid and blended up above crease

Inglot shimmer lavender e/s at center of lid and blended into up into crease

Inglot shimmer light pink e/s to highligh brow bone and inner tear duct  and blended down into crease

Inglot shimmer dark purple e/s AND Inglot shimmer dark blue e/s  blended into outer V and slightly into crease

(line lower lash line with black eyeliner and place dark blue&purple e/s at outer corner, electric blue e/s & lavender e/s at center and light pink e/s at inner corner)

Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner & Wet and Wild Gel Eyeliner

Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara


CHEEKS & LIPS
Sorry I don't remember what products I used but I did keep a nude cheek & lip look since the eyes were dramatic. Feel free to substitute with your favorite blush & lip products!


So blossoms women of any color and any where can wear ANY color they desire as long as YOU like the color and you pick a color shade that best COMPLIMENTS you then the possibilities are endless!

If you want a makeup tutorial of the look below feel free to message me and let me know!


ENJOY THE PICTURES:




























HERE ARE MORE PHOTOGRAPHS OF WOMEN OF COLOR WEARING BLUE EYESHADOW

Estelle wearing LORAC blue eyeshadow

Eve wearing blue eyeshadow

Ciara wearing light blue eyeshadow

Alicia Keys wearing light blue eyeshadow



Michelle Obama wearing blue eyeshadow to a state dinner!


___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________
_______________
_____
___
__
_














ALSO PLEASE VOTE FOR ME IN BLACK OPAL'S BEAUTY (ROLE) MODEL SEARCH

ID #4d3865ab6f817

Check out my YouTube video BLACK OPAL MODEL CONTEST VIDEO ENTRY where I explain more why I'd like for you to vote for me! Thank You!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LINKEDWITHIN

DISCLAIMER

All products are purchased with my own money. If any products are endorsed, sponsored or given free for review it will be mentioned in the blog posting.

I do not accept payment, prizes, credit, endorsements or sponsorships in exchange for mention on this blog. I uphold integrity and honesty to provide all my readers with my honest opinion of products actually tried whether liked or disliked.

This entire blog is my opinion. Please consult with a doctor before trying any recommended products if you suffer from any thing that may counter-indicate the products use.

Sherry Blossom Beauty is the sole owner of this domain and all photos. Some photos are supplied via Goggle image and its stated in the post. Please be sure to credit this website for any photos or links used from this website.

Comments are the opinion of poster & publishing of all/any comments is in no way an endorsement by Sherry Blossom Beauty...

I LOVE THIS PLACE FOR GREAT MAKEUP @ AFFORDABLE PRICES!

About

Popular Posts

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India